Orange juice, lime, and chilli powder give zest to this easy shrimp dish.
Makes 16 – 20 jumbo shrimps, about 4 servings.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1- 1½ pounds jumbo shrimps (16 to 20), peeled and deveined
- 7 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons fresh orange juice [2 x 3 tablespoons]
- 2 Tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
In a medium bowl, mix 6 tablespoons olive oil [reserving remaining 1 tablespoon oil], 3 tablespoons orange juice [reserve remaining 3 tablespoons orange juice] , orange rind, lime juice, salt, red pepper, chilli powder, and cumin. Add shrimp and marinate 10 minutes.
In a large frying pan, on high heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Remove shrimps from the marinade [but do not discard the marinade] and add the shrimps to the frying pan. Cook the shrimps for about 4 minutes, until no longer pink and just cooked through. Transfer the shrimps to a serving plate.
Add the reserved marinade to the frying pan; add the remaining 3 tablespoons orange juice. Bring to a full boil and boil for 1 minute. Drizzle the flavoured oil over the shrimp and serve.