Preparation time 30 minutes
Cooking time 60 minutes
Preheat 190°C / 375°F
- 12 slices pancetta
- 100 grams pancetta, finely chopped [this is extra to the 12 slices of pancetta]
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 kg chicken or turkey mince
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped [or 1 teaspoon dried]
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme, finely chopped [or 1 teaspoon dried]
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Grease a 12cm x 12cm loaf tine and line the bottom and sides with the 12 sliced pancetta slices, allowing for the slices to be able to fold over the top of the loaf.
Grind the fennel seeds and chilli flakes together using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder.
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined. Place into the prepared loaf tin. Fold the ends of the pancetta strips over the meatloaf mixture. Bake, uncovered, 60 minutes. Serve hot or cold with a sauce of your choice from the sauce section.